IFOA – ITALY
What are the anti-contagion measures in the catering sector? (Short Extract)
Author: Tiziano Menduto
Topic: Indications on the containment of the COVID-19 emergency in catering and food administration. Focus on catering with administration: local kitchen, food preparation, organization of seats and information for customers.
Catering: the kitchen and food preparations
In addition to various general information for the catering sector, the report – by the ISS Public Health Veterinary and Food Safety COVID-19 Working Group, coordinated by Umberto Agrimi and Luigi Bertinato – contains indications on hygiene rules and specific precautions in catering with administration (Nace 56.10.11).
These are the indications for the organization of the kitchen area and the activities to be carried out during food preparation:
• Measure the body temperature, which must not exceed 37.5 ° C, for all staff before accessing the exercise.
• Ensure, where possible, the safety distance between staff by rearranging the workstations, and use masks.
• All staff must adopt strict hygiene measures such as washing their hands very often and never touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
• Staff should wear glasses when handling irritating foods (onions, chilli, etc.).
• Before and after food preparation, food preparers must clean the kitchen surfaces and other surfaces (eg cutting boards, worktops, utensils) frequently.
• Before preparation and administration, carefully wash fruit and vegetables intended to be eaten raw, rinsing them repeatedly under running water; where chlorine-based food disinfectants are used, carefully follow the instructions on the product (concentrations, times of use and rinsing methods).
• For foods that are served without being cooked in the administration exercise, the employees must scrupulously respect good hygiene practices in the preparation of dishes, in particular proceed with adequate cleaning of the hands, even if using the gloves, whenever you come into contact with anything other than food and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• For foods that are served after being cooked, this phase must be carried out carefully „in order to“ inactivate any microorganisms present, including viruses.
• After cooking food, do not use, for their handling or storage, tools and containers that have been used for the same operations on raw foods „.
It is also underlined that „do not use disinfectants or detergents not approved for food use for the disinfection of food“.
Full article is available in Italian, on: https://www.puntosicuro.it/sicurezza-sul-lavoro-C-1/coronavirus-covid19-C-131/quali-sono-le-misure-anticontagio-nel-settore-della-ristorazione-AR-20230/ – Copyright © All Rights reserved 1999-2019 – All Rights Reserved.
Download the document from which the article is taken: Gruppo di lavoro ISS Sanità Pubblica Veterinaria e Sicurezza Alimentare COVID-19, “Indicazioni ad interim sul contenimento del contagio da SARS-CoV-2 e sull’igiene degli alimenti nell’ambito della ristorazione e somministrazione di alimenti. Versione del 27 maggio 2020”, Roma: Istituto Superiore di Sanità – 2020, Rapporto ISS COVID-19, n. 32/2020 (formato PDF, 1.92 MB).
Poster allegato al rapporto (formato PDF, 2.11 MB).
DECRETO DEL PRESIDENTE DEL CONSIGLIO DEI MINISTRI 11 giugno 2020 – Ulteriori disposizioni attuative del decreto-legge 25 marzo 2020, n.19, recante misure urgenti per fronteggiare l’emergenza epidemiologica da COVID-19, e del decreto-legge 16 maggio 2020, n.33, recante ulteriori misure urgenti per fronteggiare l’emergenza epidemiologica da COVID-19.
DECRETO-LEGGE 19 maggio 2020, n.34 – Misure urgenti in materia di salute, sostegno al lavoro e all’economia, nonche‘ di politiche sociali connesse all’emergenza epidemiologica da COVID-19
Protocollo condiviso di regolamentazione delle misure per il contrasto e il contenimento della diffusione del virus Covid-19 negli ambienti di lavoro.
IFOA – ITALY